Table of Contents
Discover what happens if we eat fermented foods.
Fermented foods are characterized by an elaboration aimed at better preservation of the optimal state of the food itself
Fermentation is a process that has been used for different types of food and beverage for thousands of years. However, in recent years fermented foods have become a trend as a better way to help the body stay healthy.
In this sense, fermentation is a process aimed at the natural preservation or conservation of food using a series of microorganisms that allow taking care of the state of said foods.
Specifically, this process consists of converting sugars into acids, gas, or alcohol, depending on the food being fermented and to establish its natural preservation.
Although, the intake of fermented foods includes important health benefits, although we also find a series of contraindications for its consumption.
In a globalized world where people live at full speed, it is difficult for citizens to stop and think about the small details of things.
This is the case, for example, of the food we consume every day. However, many people take care of the information of the difference that they will later consume.
Thus, at present, there is a great variety of fermented foods that we consume daily and that we can buy in any supermarket. Among them, cheese, yogurt, or different varieties of bread stand out.
Fruits and vegetables can also be the result of a fermentation process. Although, in recent years the consumption of organic fruits and vegetables has multiplied.
For its part, the vast majority of alcoholic beverages for weekly consumption have undergone an important fermentation process. In addition to fermented foods, we also find popular alcoholic beverages such as beer or wine.
Some fermented foods can also be cocoa or soy sauce, although in these cases it is less common. Another product can also be ‘kefir’, of exotic origin but increasingly consumed in Spain
Fermented foods have a series of benefits and also several drawbacks that it is necessary to know to discard their consumption. Thus, these are some of the positive aspects of this type of food:
▪ Food preservation: The main benefit is that the food can preserve its state to be consumed for long periods. It is precisely the purpose of fermentation.
▪ Improves digestion: Due to the characteristics of these products, it causes a substantial improvement in the body’s digestion processes.
▪ More digestible.
▪ Greater contribution of nutrients: They allow better absorption of basic micronutrients, which could not be carried out without this conservation process.
On the other hand, it is also necessary to highlight the possible disadvantages of consuming fermented foods for health. It is always convenient to know the possible negative effects of different types of food:
▪ They do not compensate for a bad diet but should be considered as a plus in the weekly diet of any person.
▪ Not all fermented foods contain health benefits. This is the case of alcoholic beverages, such as beer or wine, which when consumed in excess can cause different problems in the body.
Discover the Foods with less than 50 calories for summer dishes. They are to prepare…