Table of Contents
Discover the forbidden foods if you have high uric acid.
If you have high uric acid, you must start taking care of yourself now.
It is not a minor issue, since, if you do not remedy it as soon as possible, you can end up suffering a disease as serious as gout.
One of the most important aspects to watch out for if you suffer from this problem is diet.
In the following lines, you will learn about a series of foods that are prohibited if you have high uric acid.
Uric acid is found naturally in your body. It occurs when purines, present in some foods, are broken down.
When you eat too many foods rich in this substance, you are likely to overproduce uric acid.
This can lead to significant health problems, as they increase the chances of suffering from gout. In recent years, the number of patients suffering from this pathology has increased by 50%.
It must be taken into account that the body is capable of dissolving most of the uric acid it produces in the blood and then eliminating it through urine. Something that will not happen if the substance is so high that the body cannot filter it.
To reduce uric acid levels, it is necessary to reduce overweight, if it is suffered, and to eat a healthy and balanced diet, avoiding certain foods.
Such a diet mustn’t be very low in calories, as it can lead to precisely increasing the levels of this natural chemical element.
We are going to go over a series of “forbidden foods” if you have high uric acid. We have put quotation marks around the term because in reality it is not forbidden to take them, but it is recommended to moderate their consumption, especially when their nutritional contribution is not too important.
Take note of this list that we review below, and if possible, post it in a visible place to remember these guidelines:
◦ Viscera. Like the heart, the kidneys, the gizzards, or the liver.
◦ Carnes. The most harmful meats if you have uric acid are pork and lamb.
◦ Fish. It is best to limit the consumption of seafood, but also sardines, mackerel, anchovies, sole, and herring.
◦ Fatty foods. Like cream or butter.
◦ Broths. Broths or concentrated soups help make the problem worse.
◦ Drinks. The best thing is that you drink water, natural juices, and infusions, except for tea. Cut down on coffee, colas, and alcohol, or eliminate them from your diet.
ALSO READ: Foods to lower uric acid levels
Besides the “forbidden foods”, there are others that are not good for you to consume in excess :
◦ Sweet. Sweets are never positive, so skip them.
◦ Whole dairy. You should change them for semi-skimmed or skimmed dairy.
◦ Vegetables are rich in purines. Like leeks, cauliflower, spinach, or asparagus.
◦ Processed sauces. Try not to abuse mayonnaise, mustard or ketchup, or other similar sauces.
If you follow these recommendations, you will see how uric acid levels are reduced in your body
Discover the Foods with less than 50 calories for summer dishes. They are to prepare…